Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Why Lemon Drop Memories

When I was a child, my family would come up to my paternal grandma's home for a visit, sometimes at Christmas, sometimes at Easter. At either holiday, we would go to church, and I got the blessing of sitting by Grandma. She would always give me lemon drops from a little baggie in her purse. Mom never gave me this kind of treat, and the combination of sweet and sour is a taste I still love. I was sad when my grandma passed away because I knew that I'd never get that special attention again; every time I've purchased lemon drops after her death, I can feel her close to me, giving me that hug and kiss I loved so much about her.

This memory is one of my most beloved and precious memories, so I wanted to honor it by blogging about my memories, happy or sad, good or bad.

I also want to use this blog to share my creativity and projects with the blogging world. I hope you enjoy this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment